Last Updated: August 28, 2019
Welcome to https://presidentialpetcare.com/ (the “Website”). Presidential Pet Care, LLC, and its affiliates, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Presidential Pet Care”) is a force-free dog walking and pet sitting company that prioritizes minimizing stress and maximizing client happiness. We care about your privacy and the Personal Information (defined below) you share with us.
1. About Us
For more information about Presidential Pet Care, please visit our About page here.
2. Key Terms
“Website” or “Websites” means any website we own and operate (such as https://presidentialpetcare.com) or any web pages, interactive features, or other online offerings.
“Mobile Application” or “Mobile Applications” means any mobile application we own and operate, including our application through Precise Petcare, a third party platform.
“Users,” “User,” “you,” or “your” means any person who schedules our Services or makes a purchase through our Website or Mobile Application, signs up to receive emails or other communications from Presidential Pet Care, or uses our Website for any other reason. This also includes your respective representatives, successors, and assigns.
“Services” includes any services provided through our Website, Mobile Application, newsletters and other products and services.
“Personal Information” means any Personal Information that identifies or can be used to identify a User to identify a User, directly or indirectly.
3. Personal Information that We Collect
(A) Personal Information Collected That You Provide Us
When you participate in the Services through our Website and Mobile Application we ask you to provide Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect from you is only what we need to be able to provide you with the Services effectively. This Personal Information may include:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your home or other personal location address (including parking information if applicable);
- Your alarm company name, phone number, passwords, instructions to arm & disarm;
- Your lockbox code and its location;
- Your Wi-Fi name and password;
- Your billing address;
- Your phone number;
- Your pet(s)’ information (such as breed, age, sex, photos, veterinarian, immunization status, and behavioral traits);
- Your emergency contact name, phone number, and email address (only with that emergency contact’s consent to provide his or her personal information to Presidential Pet Care);
- Your credit card or debit card number;
- Your expiration date;
- Your card verification code;
- Any communications related to your use of the Services; and
- Your home access security codes including your door or garage code & access instructions.
You may choose to provide additional Personal Information when you communicate with us through our Website or Mobile Application or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of those communications for our records.
Your decision to allow us to collect this Personal Information from you is voluntary, however if you choose not to provide this information, some or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
(B) Personal Information Automatically Collected
In addition to Personal Information that you choose to provide to us, when you visit our Website or Mobile Application, we may also collect certain information automatically from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices. In some countries, including those countries in the European Union, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable information protection laws.
Specifically, the Personal Information we collect automatically may include the following:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier;
- Your computer hardware model and operating system information;
- Your Internet browser identification;
- Your Internet browsing activity;
- Your general geographic location;
- Your interaction and activities with our Website or Mobile Application, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your mobile device used to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network and data information; and
- Other certain information related to your devices, including the time of day you visit our Website or Mobile Application, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to automatically collect or store this Personal Information through tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, and ETags or entity tags. We do this on our Website, Mobile Application, and in emails we send to you.
(C) Information Security and Disclaimer
Presidential Pet Care takes reasonable security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet or through mobile applications is 100% safe. Therefore we cannot guarantee complete and absolute security of your Personal Information. Unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in addition to hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Information at any time.
CONSEQUENTLY, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US FROM SECURITY BREACHES, IDENTITY LEFT, OR EVENTS THAT COULD CAUSE LOSS OF YOUR DATA OR INFORMATION. WE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY SECURITY BREACH, ACCIDENT, INADVERTENCE OR ANY OTHER ACT RESULTING IN DISCLOSURE. THEREFORE, ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNCOMFORTABLE WITH OUR SECURITY MEASURES, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
We are also not responsible for your or a third party’s circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. Your own efforts to protect against unauthorized access play an important role in protecting the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer, not transmit your Personal Information while on a public Wi-Fi network, and always log out of any site when viewing Personal Information. Please note, we are not security professionals and therefore recommend speaking to a security professional if you have any questions about your own efforts to protect your Personal Information.
4. We Combine Collected Personal Information
We combine Personal Information that we have collected offline with Personal Information we collect online, such as our Website or Mobile Application. We also combine Personal Information that we have collected across other third-party websites, your devices, (such as computers and mobile devices), and from third parties with Personal Information we already have.
5. Cookies and Similar Tracking Devices
Because we employ cookies and similar tracking tools, we wanted to provide you with some additional information on how it all works.
A cookie is a piece of information, which may include a unique identifier, that is sent to your Internet browser from a server and stored on your hard drive or device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our Website or Mobile Application. Cookies allow your devices to use all the features on our Website and Mobile Application, such as remembering who you are, knowing if you have visited our site before or if you are a first-time visitor, and remembering your address and contact information. Cookies contain no information about you or any computer or device you are using.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information:
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving the effectiveness of our Website, Mobile Application, marketing endeavors, and Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal or unauthorized activities and protect the rights and property of Presidential Pet Care and our Users;
- Providing customer service;
- Notifying you of any information concerning the Services including reservations and cancellations;
- Sending you newsletters and other communications that you may opt-out of;
- Sending you email communications about our Services, promotions, events, or other important information that you opt-into;
- Sending you email communications about content you included on our Website and Mobile Application;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support messages;
- Enabling you to participate in the Website’s and Mobile Application’s features;
- Identifying your Services preferences and informing you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- For internal business purposes such as trainings and business development;
- Notifying you about important changes to our Website or Mobile Application; and
If you do not want to receive email notifications from us, please unsubscribe by using the link on the email communication or contact us at Presidential Pet Care at email@example.com.
7. Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Like many businesses, the Personal Information we collect may be shared with third parties to enable us to provide our Services to you. We may hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, and we may provide access to or share your information with these companies so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, fraud preventions, payment processing, legal services, accounting services, and maintaining databases. We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
By providing these third-party companies your Personal Information, they are not permitted to use, share, or sell said information; however, they have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we share with them to provide our Services. This includes how they may process and store your Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following reasons:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Presidential Pet Care, our Users, or others.
8. Your Consent
9. Options to Manage Personal Data
(A) Presidential Pet Care Account
In order to participate in our Services, including purchasing, reserving or cancelling of the Services, you will need to create a Presidential Pet Care account (the “Account”) that will be available through the Website and Mobile Application. When creating your Account, you must provide and maintain accurate and complete information and you will be asked to choose a password. You will be required to provide your credit card information when creating your Account, which we will store for your future purchases.
You may update, correct or delete certain Personal Information at any time by logging into your Account through our Website or Mobile Application. If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact us at email@example.com. We may decline requests that are prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the Personal Information relates, or are not required to be honored by applicable law.
(B) Location Information
When you first install or launch our Mobile Application, you will be asked whether you consent to the Mobile Application’s collection of your location information. Should you consent, we or our third-parties, may collect information about the location of your mobile device each time you access or use certain features of our Mobile Application. We may require Presidential Pet Care personnel or contractors to consent to the Mobile Application’s collection of their location information to provide certain features of our Services, which may inadvertently include your location information (for example, if one of our personnel is pet sitting at your home or taking your dog for a walk in your neighborhood), so if you do not consent to this you cannot use those features.
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this Personal Information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. But if you do so, certain features of our Mobile Application may no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our Mobile Application from your device.
(C) Mobile Push Notifications
We may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. You may opt out of receiving these push notifications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Payment Information
11. Minors and COPPA Compliance
The Services provided through our Website, which in this Section includes our Mobile Application, are only available for adults 18 or older. In cases where you – a parent or guardian – have authorized a minor under 18 to use our Website, you recognize that you are in breach of our Terms of Service. You further understand and acknowledge that you are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such minor; (ii) controlling the minor’s access to and use of our Website; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor the content accessible on or through our Website but if we do find out the minor is using our Website, even if through the parent or guardian’s Presidential Pet Care account, we reserve the right to terminate the Services immediately.
Children under 13 years of age are prohibited from using the Services and the Website. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13, even with verified parental or guardian consent. If you are under 13, you are prohibited from providing us with any Personal Information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or User name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Presidential Pet Care at email@example.com, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our records.
12. Social Media
13. Personal Information Retention
Because these needs can vary for different Personal Information types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the information, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete information, and our legal or contractual obligations. If you have any questions concerning our retention of your Personal Information, please contact Presidential Pet Care at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Updating Your Information and Choices
You may update or correct information about yourself through the Website’s and Mobile Application’s account registration forms or by contacting us at Presidential Pet Care at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional mail, emails, or other forms of communication from us by unsubscribing using the link on the email communication or by contacting us at Presidential Pet Care at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your current information and the requested changes you would like us to make to your marketing profile in your communication.
15. Applicable Law
16. Your California Privacy Rights [California Users Only]
17. Know Your Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) [European Union Users Only]
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Information be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such information;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time;
- The right to request we provide you with your Personal Information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another information controller, (known as the right to information portability), where applicable;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Information, to request a restriction on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Information. Please note, this only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority), direct marketing, and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
- The right to lodge a complaint with authorities.
- The right to transfer your Personal Information abroad. Please note, if your Personal Information is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Union, you must include details of how the information will be protected.
18. Presidential Pet Care & GDPR [European Union Users Only]
Under the new law effective May 25, 2018, you have the right to manage the Personal Information we have collected from you in the due course of using our Website, Mobile Application, and related Services. These rights include the:
- Right to be forgotten: you may request we delete all of your Personal Information without undue delay.
- Right to object: you may prohibit certain Personal Information uses.
- Right to rectification: you may request that incomplete Personal Information be completed or that incorrect information be corrected.
- Right of access: you have the right to know what Personal Information is being processed and how.
- Right of portability: you may request that Personal Information held by us be transported to another entity.
19. Questions or Comments Regarding this Policy.
We value your comments and opinions. If you would like to act on any of the rights discussed above, please contact us at Presidential Pet Care at email@example.com.